Magali kizhangu plant and its roots are known for its use in Ayurvedic medicines and for its use in pickles. I think this happens to a lot of people and happened to me too. When I was child, I used to run away because of the smell of the pickle. But now I love the pickle. I spoken to a lot of my friends and relatives and everybody seems to have the same change.
· Magali Kizhangu – 250 grams
· Red Chilli powder – ½ cup
· Turmeric Powder – ½ spoon
· Salt – ½ cup
· Sour curd 1 cup
· Soak Magali Kizhangu in water for 10 minutes
· Then peel the skin of the Kizhangu
· A central stem/nerve runs through the Kizhangu. Cut the Kizhangu along the length and remove the central stem.
· Cut the remaining portions into small pieces
· Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder to the cut pieces of Magali Kizhangu and mix well everyday for 4 days.
· After 4 days, mix well with the Sour curd
· Move this to a porcelain/glass jar and close the lid.
· Open the jar everyday for 1 week and shake and mix well the pickle once every day until you see all the water from the magali comes out.
Leave your comments after you have tried out this recipe !!